Friday, September 10, 2010

Good day vs. Bad day

I don't usually have a day that's specifically good or bad. I've found that almost every day is a fair mix of both and I just need to work on keeping my focus on the good. For example: I woke up this morning (more like this afternoon, but I'm giving myself the benefit of the doubt) and I was actually in somewhat of a decent mood. My husband had to work over time this morning, but forgot and so he took my keys with him to work last night thinking he was being nice in letting me sleep passed 7:30am, when I would normally have to let him in. When he did get back, however, he decided he was too lazy to walk around to the apartment gate from the parking lot and jumped the balcony fence then called me to let him in! As soon as I opened the back door, he handed me my keys.. nice. See, I could've let that ruin my entire day (and I did stay pissy about it for a little while), but I moved onto what I needed to accomplish for the day. I actually had the motivation and energy to go to the gym and work out for the second day in a row (believe me when I say that's almost a new record for me) and I felt great about that. But I'm a very anti-social person at times when my anxiety peeks and there were about 15 teenagers at the pool (which is in front of the fitness center) and I couldn't escape the fact that I had to walk through them. Tiny 15 and 16 year old girls in booty shorts, barely-there tank tops, bikinis that covered even less, Coach handbags, sunglasses that cost more than my whole closet and faces that screamed "Like, ew, I'm so better than you". And here I was; 29 years old, fat, frumpy, warm up pants two sizes too big, muddy sneakers, my husband's t-shirt, color challenged hair that had been pulled back into a tiny nub of a pony tail and back-in-the-day over the ear head phones that had been something like $4 at Target and all I could afford. Yeah, I definitely could've let that be the end of my day making it mostly bad, but I completed my full work out successfully and then came back to the apartment and released some aggression by blowing shit up in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2! See? Good day and bad day mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment